Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] help with required licenses for nbu and EMC NAS and SAN

2004-11-24 23:10:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] help with required licenses for nbu and EMC NAS and SAN
From: brounb AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 04:10:12 +0000
Hi All

I have had difficulty getting information from our software vendor on what
licenses we would need to backup a EMC NAS and SAN.

We are currently running Netbackup Data Centre 4.5 on windows. We also
Bussiness server 4.5 on solaris. However, we are licensed to upgrade to 5.1
and I intend to move everything a RedHat ES 3.0 server.

We are expecting to use an EMC CX500. Only a couple of hosts will be fibre
attached to this box and these hosts are already licenses clients. The
other piece of EMC equipment is a NS702G NAS header. The NAS will also be
fibre attached to the SAN.

The tape library is a dual drive Compaq MSL5026. Currently this is attached
to the Bussiness server on the Sun via SCSI. This library can have a fibre
channel PCI, but doesnt at the moment. The intended switches are McData
DS-24Ms. Im not sure if I can attach this libary to the switch or not.

Can anyone explain what licenses I might be up for? Is it just one NDMP
license for the NS702G? Do servers fibre attached to the CX500 need any
special license?

Thanks

BB