Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Invalid serial numbers and drives down

2004-11-24 18:21:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Invalid serial numbers and drives down
From: LoylessM AT pcaobus DOT org (Loyless, Maureen)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:21:19 -0500
Hi,

Since adding a media server to my environment (one master, one media now
-- previously only on one box), I have been getting constant error code
219s, and then four of the six drives go down.

In event log, I get the following error following the down'd drive:

serial number check failed on QUANTUMSDLT3200 (device 0, \\.\Tape2),
drive serial number is , database serial number is RBC50Y0834, DOWN'ing
it

I compare the serial numbers both on the master and the media servers
and they all have the correct serial numbers.  The serial numbers are
correct as shown on the servers...

I am unsure what to do to resolve this.  Anyone have any experience?
Veritas support claims it's a hardware failure, but since it was working
find before the split and diagnostics show me its fine, I don't totally
believe that.

Thanks in advance and happy thanksgiving!

Maureen Loyless
PCAOB
loylessm AT pcaobus DOT org

The information contained in this electronic message and/or its attachments is
intended for the named recipient(s) only.  The electronic message and/or its
attachments may contain confidential, non-public or privileged information
disclosure of which is restricted by applicable law, including the federal
securities laws. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient(s), do not
copy, distribute or rely on the information contained herein.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
and immediately delete this message and any attachments.  Unless otherwise
noted, any views expressed in this message and/or its attachments are those of
the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the PCAOB or its staff.