Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5 Feature Pack Vs Maintenance Pack

2004-11-12 10:02:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5 Feature Pack Vs Maintenance Pack
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:02:55 -0600
Jerry-

I think you got some bad information from that support
person.  :-(

I'm quite certain that the description I gave is
accurate, and that a configuration with clients running
newer NBU revisions relative to the master is NOT a
supported configuration. See the first "General rule" in
this technote on the subject of mixed NetBackup revisions:

  http://support.veritas.com/docs/264767

I know from my own personal testing that yes, there are
lots of configurations where an FP3 master and an FP6
client seem to work just fine with each other, but I can
GUARANTEE you that if you have a problem with that client
and open a new support case, anything beyond an obvious
configuration problem will be met with the statement that

 "your master must be patched up to FP6, or
 else the client must be reverted back to FP3."

HTH
rob