Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Some Windows 2000 usefull scripts

2004-11-08 11:29:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Some Windows 2000 usefull scripts
From: javier.ballesteros AT salud.madrid DOT org (Javier Ballesteros)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:29:56 +0100
I think this could be usefull (for it is), some shorts scripts:

This scripts output the complete policies information (I'm planning an HTML
report via perl, in short)

********** START OF SCRIPT ******************************************

REM SET PATH=%PATH%;"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin" ;"C:\Program
Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd"

set POLITICAS="C:\Documents and
Settings\BallesterosPJla\scripts\POLITICAS.txt"

"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bppllist" > %POLITICAS%

DEL c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT

echo ******************************************>>c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT
date /t >>c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT
echo ******************************************>>c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT

SET /a TOTAL=0
FOR /F %%j in ('type POLITICAS.txt') DO (
SET /A TOTAL+=1
)

echo " NUMERO DE POLITICAS: %TOTAL%">>c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT
echo ******************************************>>c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT

FOR /F %%i in ('type POLITICAS.txt') DO (
@ echo ************* %%i ****************** >> c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bppllist" %%i -L >>
c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT)

********** END OF SCRIPT ******************************************

        If you want to get noticed when a tape is full or frozen:

********** START OF SCRIPT *******************************************
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpmedialist" -summary
|findstr FROZEN
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpmedialist" -summary
|findstr FULL

******** END OF SCRIPT **********************************************+

        For being advised of the number of tapes in the Scratch Pool:
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\vmquery" -b -pn Scratch_Pool|findstr TLD
>>%LOG%

        To check all the clients (IP's or names) you have:

***** START OF SCRIPT*************************************************
set BIN="C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd"
set POLITICAS="C:\Documents and
Settings\BallesterosPJla\scripts\POLITICAS2.txt"

"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bppllist"

echo ******************************************>>c:\temp\POLICIES2.TXT
date /t >>c:\temp\POLICIES.TXT
echo ******************************************>>c:\temp\POLICIES2.TXT

SET /a TOTAL=0
FOR /F %%j in ('%BIN%\bppllist) DO (
%BIN%\bppllist %%j | findstr CLIENT
)

*********** END OF SCRIPT **********************************************

        I hope this would be usefull and I can contribute to this nice
mailing list.

Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Javier Ballesteros Plaza,

   Consultor CEDAS
 Centro de Datos, Administración y Soporte
   e-mail: javier.ballesteros AT salud.madrid DOT org
   tfno: 914265779

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
El contenido de esta comunicación debe considerarse privado y confidencial.
Si Vd. no es el destinatario y la hubiere recibido por error, se le informa
que cualquier divulgación, distribución o copia de esta comunicación está
estrictamente prohibida; por favor, notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente
y elimine este mensaje.

This Email is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee only. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not use the contents nor disclose
them to any other person and you should immediately notify the sender and
delete the Email.