Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robot inventory using Admin console in Netbackup 3.4.1

2004-11-02 10:13:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robot inventory using Admin console in Netbackup 3.4.1
From: mark.a.goodchild AT jpmchase DOT com (mark.a.goodchild AT jpmchase DOT com)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:13:00 +0000
Hi all

I have a problem with the robot inventory from the Netbackup Admin console
running netbackup 3.4.1
I have found a hit on the veritas website  Document ID: 248104 which
details a work around.
Basically it say to enter the barcode rules in vm.conf locally on the admin
server.
I have tried this and it still does not work. Our tapes are labelled
123456L1 or 123456L2. We only use the first 6 characters
for the tape numbers, unfortunately when updating from the admin server it
takes the last 6 ie. 3456L1.

We are moving to the new 4.5 environment and are forced to use the admin
server so that we can inject the tapes at
the same time as doing the inventory.

If anyone has had this problem or can shed some light on it, I would
appreciate it.

Many thanks

Mark