Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restored files have current time?

2004-10-26 15:28:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restored files have current time?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:28:48 -0600
The last step in the restore is the changing of the mtime from the
restoration time to the timestamps stored in the image database.  If
something interrupts the restore operation, you can end up with this
symptom.

The files with the incorrect timestamp may be incomplete.  I'd restore them
again to be sure.  If you want to test, do an alternate-name restore, then
compare checksums for the two files.