Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backups take too long!!

2004-10-20 10:09:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backups take too long!!
From: Chris.Shirley AT dvn DOT com (Shirley, Chris)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:09:55 -0500
Mark,
I had the same problem beginning with the install of Netbackup 4.5.  My
problem, and possibly yours, was a Solaris 9 patch problem.  Once I patched to
the recommended patch cluster, by Catalog backup went from 6-7 hours to 1 hour.
 I would suggest the recommended patch cluster to see if that helps.
Chris

Hi there, Catalog backups are taking in excess of 4 hours to complete (often
takes much longer.. up to 10 hours). We are running NB 5.1 on Solaris 9,
connected to an ATL P7000 changer unit. The catalog is around 70 GB in size,
with /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images containing aprox. 63 GB of data. Normal
backups are functioning OK. Any hints as to why this is taking so long would be
appreciated. Thanks, Mark