Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can you Restore ONLY Directories from a Full Backup

2004-10-22 12:50:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can you Restore ONLY Directories from a Full Backup
From: jstephens AT ti DOT com (Stephens, John)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:50:22 -0500
Not exactly.  I want NBU to restore these, not me creating them by hand.
What I would really want is to pass the restore command an
include/exclude list of files and directories.  When you have hundreds
of systems to recover in a DR exercise, I want directory place holders
in place.  For example: application log files - if the directories are
not there, it won't log - like NBU.  There is no need to recover old log
files in a DR exercise, just get the application up as fast as you can,
so to save time why recover unneeded files.  You would say, why back
them up?  But you should always cover your six. :)

John D Stephens
jstephens AT ti DOT com