Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape library Technologies

2004-10-20 17:07:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape library Technologies
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:07:42 -0700
Jennifer,

You might want to consider Spectra Logic's Gator line with AIT-3.  AIT is
much different from SAIT, and certainly doesn't have the restriction of
restoring from the same drive backed up to.  The Gator 64K can hold up to 32
drives & 645 slots.  It is orders of magnitude more dense than the L700,
fitting in 1 floor tile where it takes 3+ for the L700.

I would replace your master with a v440, with # of cpu's and memory
dependent upon the size of your environment.