Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Weird behavior with Catalog Backup

2004-10-20 11:27:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Weird behavior with Catalog Backup
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (W. T. Smith)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:27:28 -0400
Not so weird ;-)

Configured "by the book", your automatic catalog backups alternate between two
tapes (or a disk and tape).

One way to view/set your configuration is to start the "Configure the Catalog
Backup" wizard on the "NetBackup Management" page of the GUI.

By the way, a catalog backup to tape starts writing at the beginning of tape
media, overwriting any previous catalog backup on that tape.

So, NetBackup is trying to use tape DB0007 because that is what was configured.
 Media Manager doesn't have the tape, so constructs a Pending Mount, which
apparently/eventually times out.  To use a different tape, run the wizard or
use the command line interface.

cheers, wayne