Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing Master Server Hostname

2004-10-19 13:55:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing Master Server Hostname
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:55:47 -0700 (PDT)
I've been told "don't do this" by Veritas as well as
by numerous people on this list.  I think it's a load
of garbage that they tied it to the hostname so
tightly.  The main problem is that the catalog has
information about the host in it, as well as the info
on the tape.  I think the official stance is to setup
a new server with the hostname and import all the
tapes which could take a long time obviously.

Let me know if you go through with it. I'd be
interested since I have two hosts that I should change
the hostnames on.

--- "Schmitz, Jeff"