Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backups take too long!!

2004-10-19 10:49:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backups take too long!!
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:49:08 -0400
Hello Mark

You did not tell us much about what you are writting the catalog backup to.

One problem that we have run into was the overuse of dlt tapes. With one or
more catalog backups a day and a small subset of tapes being used for catalog
backups the tapes use count would reach many hundreds. Mounting the catalog
backup tape would cause the cleaning light to come on, with slow performance or
failure.

len