Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New Stream Techniques for large Windows Clients

2004-10-17 07:13:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New Stream Techniques for large Windows Clients
From: Phil.Stockton AT rs-components DOT com (Phil Stockton)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:13:21 +0100
Hello Everyone,

I have some Windows 2000 servers which have several drives of 80 gb plus,
backed up by 100 mb Ethernet (from my  calculations, that is).

These are using new streams but are using several tape drives.

I'm trying to get them to write to one tape drive but still using the number
of new streams defined (either three or four).

The only way I can think of is to create a Storage Unit with one drive
allocated and use that.

Is there a better option?

The clients are all 4.5 with MP3.  The Master is 5.0 with MP3

Regards

Phil

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.

RS Components Ltd.