Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Schedules Per Day

2004-10-14 07:39:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Schedules Per Day
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:39:01 -0500
Coco, Samuel (Cont, ARL/CISD) wrote:
> This method still 'confuses me' (which sometimes isn't difficult).  Weh
> have the same type of issue.  We have eight policies that require
> Incrumentials be run at noon (1200) and at midnight (0000).  When I try
> to set them up we get runs jumping in at al time of the day and night!
> How would you configure a dual Incremential in one policy?

If you want your backups to run at exactly midnight and noon, the best
option I can think of is to use cron and schedule it that way.  Any
other approach will get your runs going at any time of the day as long
as the window is open.  You could tighten the start window but then
you're setting yourself up 196s.

Of course, if you use cron to start a job at noon and there are no tape
drives available, you'll still be waiting so the job won't effectively
start until a drive frees up.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org