Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Little problem with the upgrade from 3.4ga to 4.5mp6

2004-10-14 06:59:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Little problem with the upgrade from 3.4ga to 4.5mp6
From: droman AT plcendesa DOT com (David Roman Esteban)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:59:00 +0200
Hy I've done an upgrade of netbackup server from 3.4.1 to 4.5mp6 in
Solaris8 (one master/media server with Solaris and some Solaris/windows
clients) The upgrade was fine The Unix boxes make restores and backup
without problems, all the policies are there with the correct settings
etc..
But when I try to launch a manual backup on a windows client (3.4.1g)
It doesn't even appear in the activity  windows and the  logs show that
the scheduler fails with an error 12, looking at the troubleshooter it
seems that I need a ¿new? file called 3pc.conf that isn't need at all
for the Unix boxes and wasn't used in previous versions, this file seems
very "strange" (scsi-id hd identifiers..) ¿is this file really need,
I've see this on the upgrade procedures? ¿is there any way to create it
automatically (/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bptpcinfo -a)? ¿Maybe I've to
upgrade windows clients?

--
Un saludo
David Román Esteban