Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bare Metal restore servers

2004-10-12 16:58:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bare Metal restore servers
From: techlists AT comcast DOT net (Paul Greene)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:58:58 -0400
(I hope this is an appropriate forum for this question. If not, please
direct me to the right one.)

I'm trying to spec out the server requirements for a BMR server, and
would like to get some feedback from someone familar with the product.
The server would be servicing ~25 clients, mostly Windows 2000 servers,
and a couple of Solaris boxes.

i.e. Our in house Unix expertise is with Solaris, so what kind of
horsepower would we need in a Sparc BMR server to handle the above
number of clients? CPU, RAM, etc Is a SunBlade enough? SunFire? or ?

Thanks

PG