Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Newbie Licensing question.

2004-10-11 12:51:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Newbie Licensing question.
From: moliver AT lgi DOT com (Miles D. Oliver)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:51:17 -0400 (EDT)
 I've searched the archvie and can't seem to find the answer to a
licensing question. Probably something very simple, but I'll ask the
question and hope to not appear too foolish.

 I've got Netbackup 4.5 business center and have purchased the oracle
agent license as well.

 The backup server is on one machine, and Oracle is running on a client.

 I've got a regular backup schedule in place, I'm backing up the clients
and the server  but have never been able to execute an oracle database backup
successfully. I'm running Oracle 8.1.7.

 Where is the oracle agent license supposed to be installed. On the server
or the client running oracle?

 Thanks for the assistance.

 Miles D. Oliver