Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] catalog, rsync operations

2004-10-08 16:05:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] catalog, rsync operations
From: jason.helfman AT ticketmaster DOT com (Jason Helfman)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:05:44 -0700
I whipped this up real quick. I'd like to work in until, but we aren't
that busy on fridays for backups.

#!/bin/bash
CMD=`/opt/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs |grep Active |tail +2
|wc -l`
TOADDR=someonewhocares AT blah DOT com

if [ $CMD = 0 ];then
         echo "Please ignore backup related errors. DB transfer
operation is being performed" |/bin/mailx -s "please ignore errors"
clientsys AT ticketmaster DOT com
         /bin/rm /backups/bin/log
         echo "Stopping Backups:" >>log
         echo >>log
         /etc/init.d/S77netbackup stop 2>&1 >>log
         echo >>log
         echo "Backing up to filer:" >>log
         echo >>log
         /usr/bin/rsync -avrC --delete /opt/openv/netbackup/db/
/anotherplace/server/directory/ 2>&1 >> log
         echo >>log
         echo "Starting Backups:" >>log
         echo >>log
         /etc/init.d/S77netbackup start 2>&1 >>log
         /bin/cat log |/bin/mailx -s "CatalogDB Transfer from
`/bin/hostname` to netapp" $TOADDR
fi

--
Jason G Helfman, Ticketmaster