Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with Admin Consoles

2004-10-08 15:57:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with Admin Consoles
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:57:36 -0400
Not addressing your problem, really, but IMHO, NetBackup 5.0 without
patches is like trying to drive a Model A across country.  It might be
possible, but it's going to be an adventure.  IMHO v5.0 was an awful
release. Hundreds of my hours have been spent dealing with that
pretender to enterprise software. :-(

On the other hand, my still too brief experience with version 5.1 (MP1)
says this is by far the best version of NetBackup ever produced.  I'm
very impressed so far (even with most of my clients at 4.5MPx and
5.0MPx).  cheers, wayne   (Solaris 9, L700e, LTO1 server).