Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incremental Issues with backup of Netapp over CIFS under NBU 5.1

2004-10-01 18:53:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incremental Issues with backup of Netapp over CIFS under NBU 5.1
From: barry AT lustig DOT com (Barry Lustig)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:53:16 -0700
I've got a netapp running 6.2.2 and NBU version 5.1 running on Win2K.
I only have a single tape drive in the library right now, so I have to
do the backup of the NetApp via CIFS.  I have the backup policies set
to run a full backup monthly, a cumulative incremental weekly, and a
differential incremental daily.  For some reason, my daily backups are
backing up all of the files on the NetApp.  The client that mounts the
NetApp volumes has its client properties set to use timestamps instead
of the archive bit.  Does anyone have any idea why this might be
happening?

Thanks,

barry