Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Summary of sorts: Drop built-in catalog backup for rsync?

2004-09-23 09:21:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Summary of sorts: Drop built-in catalog backup for rsync?
From: William.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:21:54 -0400
Good morning;
   After posting the query below, and receiving several useful
added a brief cron job (on the Media Server where my catalog tape lives)
to run the bpbackupdb command every morning.
   This works like a charm, my backups aren't delayed any more, and the
Catalog backup itself runs more quickly. Thanks to all who responded; I
am very grateful.
-wde
P.S. Dan Logcher of MIT suggested _also_ using rsync to pull a copy of
the Catalog to a DR server after the backup-to-tape, which I like. (See
the list archives for details.) Those MIT guys are as smart as I have
heard! :7)
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator