Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Urgent: Global Device Database Problem

2004-09-22 15:53:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Urgent: Global Device Database Problem
From: jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org (Major, Rusty)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:53:15 -0500
A few drives are missing across several media servers. When I try to add the
new drives to the configuration, I get the error "Device configuration failed
on host <hostname> with the following error: Drive name is already in use by
another drive(34)."

This is happening across several servers. There is not another drive configured
with the drive name or path. What gives?
I'm hoping I don't have to delete all devices and recreate. 14 drives across 15
servers. Ouch =(.

Rusty Major, BCFP, MCSE
Information Services
Texas Children's Hospital