Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Netbackup Reporting Software

2004-09-21 12:26:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Netbackup Reporting Software
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:26:08 -0500
--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

* David Rowley <rowleydf AT hotmail DOT com> [2004-09-20 17:39]:
> We use the new Veritas Command Central product at the large company where=
=20
> I'm working now.  It's not exactly cheap, but it is fantastic.  It does=
=20
> just about everything we ask it to do.
>=20
> It is of course very well-integrated with Netbackup.  It's SQL-based so I=
=20
> can now make just about any report on anything happening with my backups.=
 =20
> Plus there are quite a few reports ready to go out of the box as well. =
=20
> Installation and configuration were easy and quick.
>=20
> It's a great product!

we spent two months with a veritas tech just to get Command Central
installed for a trial and we were never able to get it to work properly.
We had issues with the server not being on the same network as the
backup servers and the firewall was complaining about malformed packets.
We have just completed our evals of several products and Aptare came out
as the winner for us as well. (We are also affecting change in their
product) :-) The staff has been fantastic. Even _if_ it wasn't the best
thing out there, their support is.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com