Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Reporting Software

2004-09-20 11:49:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Reporting Software
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:49:01 -0500
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:20:08AM -0400, John Meyers wrote:
> Bobby R Windle wrote:
> >
> >Anyone no of any kind of Netbackup Reporting Software at a reasonable
> >price?  I'm looking for something
> >that reports on clients as well as totals.  Files missed etc.   Anything
> >but Advanced reporter!
> >
> >thanks
> >bobby
>
>  Have you checked out Aptare? http://www.aptare.com/index.jsp
>  Not sure about the pricing, but the specs look pretty good.  Anyone using
>  this product care to comment on it?

We evaluated both Bocada's BackupReport and Aptare's StorageConsole at
the same time.  Aptare wins in every category from installation, ease of
use, and vendor cooperation.  I started with BR and thought it was okay
but not great.  I then installed SC and the eval was effectively over -
it wins hands down.  We requested some features to be added to the
product as part of the purchase agreement and they did a great job in
supplying those features in a reasonable time.  The rest of you Aptare
customers can thank me for a few of those :-)

The pricing models between Bocada and Aptare are quite different so
what's cheaper for one customer could be more expensive for another.
The only way to know what you'll have to pay is to request a quote from
both.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org