Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] # of NBU Policies

2004-09-13 09:02:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] # of NBU Policies
From: brent.rohloff AT Dartmouth DOT EDU (Brent R. Rohloff)
Date: 13 Sep 2004 09:02:14 EDT
Dave,

45 Polices, 180 clients
mostly one Policy per SysAdmin for tracking , reporting of backup success and
grouping of O.S.

Multiple Policies for the Various Oracle Databases for different retentions (
Production vs Development )
Different Policies for different Departments backing up different directories
on desktop Linux workstations (easier then Exclude / Include Lists on the
Clients )

Brent

--- "Cornely, David" wrote:
Hey all,

I'm just trying to get a quick idea of how many policies most people have on
their master server compared to mine.  The NBU environment where I work
contains 438 individual policies for 1 master server.  Does this sound high
to most people?  I think we're going to consolidate some but was wondering
what the count was elsewhere.

-NBU 5.0MP3
-Solaris 9

TIA,