Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU History

2004-09-13 12:14:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU History
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:14:58 -0500
Kate's right, "bp" comes from "Backup Plus"

An abbreviated history:

=====
NetBackup 5.1 is the 27th numbered release of the product, I believe...

1987 AWBUS was written by Control Data for a Detroit automaker.
(AWBUS = "Automated Workstation BackUp Service")

1990(?) CDC renamed the product and released Backup Plus 1.0

1993 The product was purchased by Openvision and renamed Axxion NetBackup

1997 "some other company" :-) purchased Openvision.
=====

HTH
rob