Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is a date-specific backup possible?

2004-08-26 16:58:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is a date-specific backup possible?
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:58:23 -0700 (PDT)
The find command in unix could generate a list of
files that were modified after a certain date/time. I
don't know if Windows had a similar command.

Once you have the list of files to be backed up, in a
file (for example a file called c:\listfile, you could
use the following command:

bpbackup -p "POLICY" -s "SCHEDULE" -f c:\listfile -t
MS-Windows-NT -w 2:00:00

This would run as a User Backup Type rather than a
Full or Differntial. So "SCHEDULE" would need to be a
User type schedule.  Also make sure the window for the
schedule is open when the batch file runs.

There -w 2:00:00 would wait two hours for the command
to complete. Used in a batch file, else the processing
continues right away in the batch file.

--- "Block, John - IST contractor"