Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Re-introduction of media without barcode reader

2004-08-26 11:24:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Re-introduction of media without barcode reader
From: Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com (Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:24:36 -0500
--=_alternative 0054A65686256EFC_=

>What I am aiming for is the command(s) similar to the above so I can
re-introduce a tape the already exists in the >media catalog by telling
NBU that the tape that has just come back from the offsite store is in
slot number x in >the drive. Much in the same way that can be done via the
Java GUI on a system that has a barcode reader.

>I hope that the above makes sense (it did to me sometime ago and now my
head hurts...)

>Thanks in advance
>Tim

Tim

I do not know a command that would do it, but why not just use the Java
GUI.  You can highlight the tape you want to move from stand-alone.  Right
click and choose move.  Check the box for it being in a library.  Then
fill in the info of what slot it is in.  I have done this for about a year
now for tapes without barcodes, and a library that does not have a barcode
reader.

Richard Mickle
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator
Moore Wallace Response Marketing Services
An RR Donnelley Company
E-Mail:         Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com
Phone:        920-339-1695
Cell Phone: 920-366-1987
Fax:             920-339-1807

--=_alternative 0054A65686256EFC_=

similar to the above so I can re-introduce a tape the already exists in the
&gt;media catalog by telling NBU that the tape that has just come back from the
offsite store is in slot number x in &gt;the drive. Much in the same way that
can be done via the Java GUI on a system that has a barcode reader.<br>
&gt;I hope that the above makes sense (it did to me sometime ago and now my
head hurts...)<br>
&gt;Thanks in advance<br>
&gt;Tim<br>
Tim</font>
but why not just use the Java GUI. &nbsp;You can highlight the tape you want to
move from stand-alone. &nbsp;Right click and choose move. &nbsp;Check the box
for it being in a library. &nbsp;Then fill in the info of what slot it is in.
&nbsp;I have done this for about a year now for tapes without barcodes, and a
library that does not have a barcode reader.</font><font size=2
face="sans-serif"><br>
Richard Mickle<br>
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator<br>
Moore Wallace Response Marketing Services<br>
An RR Donnelley Company<br>
E-Mail: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com<br>
Phone: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;920-339-1695<br>
Cell Phone: 920-366-1987<br>
Fax: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 920-339-1807<br>
--=_alternative 0054A65686256EFC_=--