Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] No backups, media won't mount, no errors

2004-08-25 08:24:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] No backups, media won't mount, no errors
From: Jimmy McDonald <isleofdogs AT gmail DOT com> (Jimmy McDonald)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:24:19 -0400
I am running netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8.

Recently I had a problem with the robot where the arm was stuck. I
fixed it and was able to do an inventory. Since that time, the backups
are not getting written. The system thinks they are completing. If I
run a manual backup it shows up in the activity monitor as completed.

I tried to do a restore just to prove that I could interact with the
robot and it sat with the status of "INF - Waiting for mount of media
id xxxx on server foo"

I let this sit over night. It never timed out. There are no errors in the logs.

The robot has been powercycled and the software has been restarted.

Any help is appreciated.