Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "error 50" killling all running jobs at once?

2004-08-23 10:56:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "error 50" killling all running jobs at once?
From: james_sherman AT uhc DOT com (James M Sherman)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:56:21 -0500
This morning around 6am, all running jobs in our (4.5) environment ended with a
50 status error.

Has anyone seen this happen before, any likely-cause candidates?  Where's a good
spot to start
troubleshooting this?

The '50' error is described as:

Status 50 description
client process aborted
The client backup aborted. One instance when this code appears is if a
NetBackup master or media server is shut down or rebooted when a backup
or restore is in process.

As far as I can see, no-one manually shut down anything on our master.

Thanks for any help,
-Jay