Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows or Linux?

2004-08-22 23:27:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows or Linux?
From: WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:27:47 -0400
I have a machine to backup that is sometimes booted with Windows and
sometimes booted with Linux.  The file systems are complely different
and each need to be backed up.

My problem is that we don't want or otherwise need a second IP address
for the machine.

Can I (How do I) set this up so that NetBackup will make a Windows
backup when Windows is booted and Linux is backed up when Linux is
booted?  (Now, for example, if Linux is booted and a Windows backup is
attempted, I get "invalid filelist specification" or some such error).
Somehow I think I'm missing something simple. ;-)

cheers, wayne