Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Retension Periods and Projections

2004-08-19 16:10:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Retension Periods and Projections
From: Robert.Stump AT dla DOT mil (Stump, Robert (Contractor) (DRMS))
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:10:07 -0400
A retention level of one month is by default 31 days. Please note that this
can be changed. Please see TechNote 267037
(http://support.veritas.com/docs/267037 ) for information on what file is
updated if the retention level has been changed.

To determine the value for the retention level, run the following command:

# bpretlevel -l
0 604800 1 week
1 1209600 2 weeks
2 1814400 3 weeks
3 2678400 1 month
4 5356800 2 months
5 8035200 3 months
6 16070400 6 months
7 24105600 9 months
8 31536000 1 year
9 2147483647 infinite
10 2147483647 infinite
11 2147483647 infinite
12 2147483647 infinite

The second column is in seconds, so for example, a retention level 3 = 1
month or 2678400 seconds = 31 days.