Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there a way to not allow a volume pool to draw from the SCRATCH pool

2004-08-18 12:55:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there a way to not allow a volume pool to draw from the SCRATCH pool
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:55:37 -0600
Solaris 8 Master/Media 4.5 FP5

I have a limited number of SCRATCH tapes at our small DR site.  There is very
little data on our Offsite tapes so I have the vendor bring them back and want
to add data to them.  NBU does add data sometimes but if there are tapes in the
SCRATCH poll it prefers to take one of those and move it to the Offsite pool.
How do I stop it from doing that?  I guess I can move the manually move the
SCRATCH tapes to my other pools but eventually they end up back in the SCRATCH
pool and gets moved to the Offsite pool.  The Offsite is gobbling up all the
available tapes.

Cheryl King
System Administrator II
AIS - OpenView System and Servers Certified
Intrado Inc.
1601 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
direct: 720.864.5162
mobile: 720.840.4786
page:  303-207-4648
fax: 720.494.6600
email: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com

Intrado.® Informed Response. ®
www.intrado.com

ATTENTION:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Intrado Inc. immediately at 720.494.5800 and destroy
all copies of this message and any attachments.