Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] stop & start anti-virus from a script?

2004-08-17 10:47:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] stop & start anti-virus from a script?
From: abrowne AT tigr DOT org (Browne, Alec)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:47:25 -0400
We back up several network drives (netapp cifs shares) through one
windows client.  I would like to disable anti-virus on that client
during backups to increase the speed.  I tried setting it to only scan
inbound files but we have some automatic policies that turn the outbound
scanning back on every 5 min.

I would like to use bpstart_notify and bpend_notify to do this, but
there are several streams being backed up concurrently on the same box.
I can't put an end_notify on each stream, since the anti-virus would be
turned back on once the first stream ends, regardless of how many other
backup streams are running.  Has anyone found a workaround?  Is there a
way to check if there are current or queued backups for that server in
the bpend_notify, so that it only turns anti-virus off after the last
job completes?

Thanks
Alec Browne