Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup fails with status 40....

2004-08-17 08:12:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup fails with status 40....
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:12:09 -0400
We have been having a similar problem with backing up a Tru64 system.  In
our case we installed all
the necessary patches and are still getting the problem.  We finally tried
using FTP to move a file from
the failing system to a system in the same subnet at the media server and
found that the FTP program
would also fail with this error:

ftp> put PEPIDCS1.rgrfrz.rdump
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for PEPIDCS1.rgrfrz.rdump.
452 Error writing file: Error 0.

ftp> put PEPIDCS1.rgrfrz.rdump
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for PEPIDCS1.rgrfrz.rdump.
452 Error writing file: Error 0.

 We are investigating a NIC mismatch on speed and duplex or a possible
connection problem.
 Still no solution.

=============================
Carl Stehman
PHI Services Company
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

             "Ahmed, Jashim"
             <Jashim.Ahmed@tho
             mson.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu
             veritas-bu-admin@         '"
             mailman.eng.aubur         <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
             n.edu                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/16/2004 03:38          [Veritas-bu] Backup fails with
             PM                        status 40....

Hi All,

I am running netbackup 4.5 FP3 on Solaris 8 platform. All Solaris client
have same version as master server. For SCO clients we still use netbackup
version 3.4 without any patch installed. We have been backing up SCO
systems without any problem for more than years. Since last month we are
having a problem with one SCO client. Backup fails with the following
messages (from bpbkar log file):

04:51:19 [20103] <16> bpbkar: ERR - bpbkar killed by SIGPIPE

04:51:19 [20103] <16> bpbkar: ERR - bpbkar FATAL exit status = 40: network
connection broken

04:51:19 [20103] <4> bpbkar: INF - EXIT STATUS 40: network connection
broken

Does any one have any idea of this error? Please note that there is no
connection problem between the client and the master. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Jashim Ahmed