Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup server hostname change

2004-08-13 13:41:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup server hostname change
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
Anyone ever try to change the hostname of their
master/media server on netbackup 4.5?  I've heard that
it might break the ability to do restores since it
records the media server in the catalog images.

Assuming all the clients can be pointed to the new
master server name, does anyone know what kinda of
pain this will cause in netbackup (like restores)?

I suppose I could put a dns alias in place, but
Veritas seems to picky about reverse ip records
pointing to propper locations I'm not sure if it will
work.

Jerry