Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large Oracle/SAP Database and Netbackup

2004-08-11 10:48:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large Oracle/SAP Database and Netbackup
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:48:40 -0400
--=_alternative 00515C5485256EED_=

We use RMAN for all our Oracle instances.   We looked at the SAP agent,for
the SAP/Oracle databases
 and found that RMAN was more efficient, and took far less time.

RMAN with the Veritas agent is the most efficient method we found.

=============================
Carl Stehman
PHI Services Company
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

Phil Stockton <Phil.Stockton AT rs-components DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
08/11/2004 10:16 AM

"'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Large Oracle/SAP Database and  Netbackup

Hello Everyone,

We are looking at having a 6 terabyte Oracle/SAP database in place.

The environment is Solaris.

The current tape library is a StorageTek L700.

Does anybody have a similar environment?  If so, how do you perform
backups?.  We are a 24/7  business and are not allowed to bring down
Oracle/SAP for backups.

We are thinking of RMAN and/or snapshot technology combined with whatever
is
SAP orientated.

Any advice would be appreciated very much.

Regards

Phil Stockton and Oracle 9.

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.

--=_alternative 00515C5485256EED_=

&nbsp; We looked at the SAP agent,for the SAP/Oracle databases</font>
and took far less time.</font>
efficient method we found.</font>
Carl Stehman<br>
PHI Services Company<br>
202-331-6619<br>
Pager 301-765-2703<br>
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com</font>
AT rs-components DOT com&gt;</b>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</font>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'&quot;
&lt;veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu&gt;</font>
Database and &nbsp;Netbackup</font></table>
We are looking at having a 6 terabyte Oracle/SAP database in place.<br>
The environment is Solaris. <br>
The current tape library is a StorageTek L700. &nbsp;<br>
Does anybody have a similar environment? &nbsp;If so, how do you perform<br>
backups?. &nbsp;We are a 24/7 &nbsp;business and are not allowed to bring
down<br>
Oracle/SAP for backups.<br>
We are thinking of RMAN and/or snapshot technology combined with whatever
is<br>
SAP orientated.<br>
Any advice would be appreciated very much.<br>
Regards<br>
Phil Stockton and Oracle 9.<br>
The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it<br>
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; <br>
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated<br>
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.<br>
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not<br>
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it<br>
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in <br>
error please Email the sender. <br>