Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Consolidate 3 masters down to 1 master and 2 media servers

2004-08-09 11:24:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Consolidate 3 masters down to 1 master and 2 media servers
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:24:27 -0500
--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

* Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com <Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com> [2004-08-05
11:09]:
> All,
>=20
> I am looking to consolidate 3 master servers down to 1, and convert the=
=20
> remote sites master/media servers to just media servers.  Looking for any=
=20
> documentation on this, I would like to see if it is possible to merge the=
=20
> catalogs, or is it done through the painful process of recovering the=20
> images from the tapes.=20

The cleanest way will be through importing tapes from the other masters.
There is no good way to merge catalogs, but Professional Services _may_
be able to do it. =20

>=20
> Also if there is anyone else that has remote media servers, is there any=
=20
> pitfalls that I maybe over looking, besides the obvious, i.e if the WAN=
=20
> links go down there will be no communication between the servers, and so=
=20
> on.=20

The biggest issue we seem to be having is latency between the master
server and the remote media servers casuing data weirdness.=20

--=20
David Rock
dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg