Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Consolidate 3 masters down to 1 master and 2 media servers

2004-08-05 14:09:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Consolidate 3 masters down to 1 master and 2 media servers
From: Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steven.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:09:01 -0700
--=_alternative 0063ABC688256EE7_=

All,

I am looking to consolidate 3 master servers down to 1, and convert the
remote sites master/media servers to just media servers.  Looking for any
documentation on this, I would like to see if it is possible to merge the
catalogs, or is it done through the painful process of recovering the
images from the tapes.

Also if there is anyone else that has remote media servers, is there any
pitfalls that I maybe over looking, besides the obvious, i.e if the WAN
links go down there will be no communication between the servers, and so
on.

Thanks, in advance

Steve Bally
Network Administrator
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com
Desk: 503-615-1207 Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.
--=_alternative 0063ABC688256EE7_=

servers down to 1, and convert the remote sites master/media servers to
just media servers. &nbsp;Looking for any documentation on this, I would
like to see if it is possible to merge the catalogs, or is it done through
the painful process of recovering the images from the tapes.</font><font size=3>
Also if there is anyone else that has remote media servers, is there any
pitfalls that I maybe over looking, besides the obvious, i.e if the WAN
links go down there will be no communication between the servers, and so
Thanks, in advance </font>
Steve Bally<br>
Network Administrator<br>
RadiSys Corporation<br>
www.radisys.com<br>
Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com<br>
Desk: 503-615-1207 Cell: 503-970-6201<br>
This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient,
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission (Email)
in error, please notify me immediately.</font>
--=_alternative 0063ABC688256EE7_=--