Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.4 to 4.5 Upgrade and implimentation os LAN Free backup.

2004-08-06 06:01:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.4 to 4.5 Upgrade and implimentation os LAN Free backup.
From: LRaghuNath AT Lucent DOT Com (RaghuNath L(Raghu))
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:31:02 +0530
Hi There,

I have been taksed with

A) Upgrading from NBU 3.4 to 4.5

B)  Impliment SAN backup for 9 servers  ( attached to SAN storage via
SAN switch) of which 5 servers are in one datacenter and 4 others are in
another datcenter ( two datcenters are 180Mts apart)

We have Sun L180 with 4 LTO-II drives plus SN3400 bridge for SAN
connectivity .

If any one of you have done this kind of implimentation pls let me know
the pointers to adventages and disadvanteges of the same.

--
Sincerely,
Raghu