Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there any command to deactive all jobs...

2004-08-05 12:01:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there any command to deactive all jobs...
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:01:34 -0400
--------------090606090102080500090501

....move bpsched out of the way.

Kendall, Scott APX wrote:

>Yeah, but what if you had some Policies already disabled.  When you go to
>reactivate them you have to remember which ones need to be done and which
>ones need to stay that way.
>
>More importantly, I've seen weird things happen when changing multiple
>things at once when doing this type of large GUI change.  I've seen it
>complain when trying to do Policies or schedules from different Policy types
>all at once, even though what was being changed was not Policy specific.
>I've also seen it change things that were greyed out (because they were set
>differently on the different clients/Policies) even though the field was not
>selected to be changed.  Because of this, I make a point of really looking
>closely at what gets changed when doing large changes like this and try to
>limit them if possible.
>
>The last thing I want to do when troubleshooting a tape drive or SSO issue
>is inadvertently make a change to my Policies as well.
>
>I'm not the only person that used 0 for tries to stop the scheduler from
>starting new backups, so I don't think I'll be alone in missing it.
>
>It looks like according to other posters, the scheduler is still OK with 0
>as a valid value and it can be set with CLI and unix GUI, so as long as
>that's the case I guess I'll be happy enough.
>

>- Scott

===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating System Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R101
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - K101
  Bedford, MA 01730
  tel: (781) 271-7702
  fax: (781) 271-2600
  mobile: (617) 893-9635
  email: ssesar AT mitre DOT org

===================================

--------------090606090102080500090501

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
....move bpsched out of the way.<br>
Kendall, Scott APX wrote:
 cite="mid3977EF56F5531F44AE6293548B66B0150AC128EA AT
hpdapx02.northamerica.intra.abbott DOT com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Yeah, but what if you had some Policies already disabled.  When
[...]

href="mailto:gary.andresen AT pnwdata DOT com">mailto:gary.andresen AT pnwdata
DOT com</a>]
Well IF you can use the Windows GUI (NOT the JAVA GUI) you can highlight
all your policies and deactivate and activate them with a right button
click.
Left click on 'Policies', this will bring up all your polices on the right
hand pane. You can then select policies using the standard mouse selection
feature of windows. Then right click to bring up the menu, select
deactivate or activate.

Gary Andresen
Impossible Happens, Plan Ahead
Pacific Northwest Data Inc.
Tel: 503.701.5185
Fax: 503.692.3910
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:gary.andresen AT pnwdata DOT
com">gary.andresen AT pnwdata DOT com</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.pnwdata.com";>www.pnwdata.com</a>

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----
From: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:veritas-bu";>mailto:veritas-bu</a>-
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:admin AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu">admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>] On Behalf Of Kendall, Scott
APX

AT intrado DOT com">mailto:cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com</a>]
I have changed the host properties for the master server for Schedule
backup
attempts to 0 tries (in the Admin Console).  That works.

mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu</a>]On Behalf Of Asiye Yigit
[...]

<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating System Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R101
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - K101
  Bedford, MA 01730
  tel: (781) 271-7702
  fax: (781) 271-2600
  mobile: (617) 893-9635
  email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ssesar AT mitre DOT
org">ssesar AT mitre DOT org</a>

</pre>

--------------090606090102080500090501--