Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage Unit Groups

2004-08-03 11:07:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage Unit Groups
From: David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com (David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:07:04 -0700
--=_alternative 005307EB88256EE5_=

Morning,

Due to our environment growing, I'm looking at setting up some Storage
Unit Groups to basically group like Media Servers for specific roles; SQL
backups, ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES backups, etc.

However, the test backup I'm running is just sitting there in a queued
state and is not starting. The STU group contains 2 Media Servers that are
NOT "on demand only" and have drives available. I've had a good read
through the manual but to no avail, my job is still queued. The only thing
I haven't done is stop/start any processes as the books make no mention of
this.

Any insights/pitfalls appreciated. 4.5_FP6 W2K environment.

Regards,
David Attreed.
--=_alternative 005307EB88256EE5_=

looking at setting up some Storage Unit Groups to basically group like
Media Servers for specific roles; SQL backups, ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES backups,
etc.</font>
is just sitting there in a queued state and is not starting. The STU group
contains 2 Media Servers that are NOT &quot;on demand only&quot; and have
drives available. I've had a good read through the manual but to no avail,
my job is still queued. The only thing I haven't done is stop/start any
processes as the books make no mention of this.</font>
W2K environment.</font>
Regards,<br>
David Attreed.</font>
--=_alternative 005307EB88256EE5_=--