Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backups/restores on MacOSX clients with attached firewire drives

2004-08-02 17:32:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backups/restores on MacOSX clients with attached firewire drives
From: Danny.Baldonado AT lucasfilm DOT com (Danny Baldonado)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:32:39 -0700
Yeah, that's actually what i thought might be the culprit but there are NO
exclude lists on these clients.
I noticed that there is a hodge-podge of client settings with the policy and
looking further into this it looks like there are various OS's and client
software installed:

Client      OS                      Kernel          NetBackup Client
    NetBackup Setting
------      ---                     ------          ----------------
    -----------------
raptor      Mac OS X 10.3.4 (7H63)  Darwin 7.4.0    NetBackup-MacOSXS1.2
4.5FP_4    MacOSXS1.2
tornado     Mac OS X 10.2.8 (6R73)  Darwin 6.8      NetBackup-MacOSXS1.2 4.5MP3
    MacOSX
eagle       Mac OS X 10.2.6 (6L60)  Darwin 6.6      NetBackup-MacOSXS1.2
4.5FP_4    MacOSXS1.2
tigershark  Mac OS X 10.3.4 (7H63)  Darwin 7.4.0    NetBackup-MacOSXS1.2
4.5FP_4    MacOSXS1.2
pentagon    Mac OS X 10.3.4 (7H63   Darwin 7.4.0    NetBackup-MacOSX10.2
4.5FP_4    MacOSX10.2
skyhawk     Mac OS X 10.2.6 (6L60)  Darwin 6.6      NetBackup-MacOSXS 3.4GA
    MacOSX10.2

Maybe i don't have the most recent Mac client installed and there's a bug in
the older versions?  Or possibly just not the correct versions installed for
the appropriate OS?...

Anybody have Mac OS X experience that can let me know what works for them?...

peace,
dannyB