Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage unit group modification

2004-08-02 14:55:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage unit group modification
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:55:07 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C478C2.005267F9

I know that when adding a new storage unit GROUP in NBU 4.5 (Solaris server),
either the master server demons need to be stopped & restarted, or if the
system is quiet a bpschedreq -read_stu_config and bpschedreq -read_stunits may
do the trick.

My question is when wanting to MODIFY an existing storage unit group (ie
removing an existing storage unit from the list and replacing it with another
existing storage unit), is that something that can be done "on the fly", or is
a daemon reset necessary to make this update visible within the system?

Thanks,
Harry S.
Atlanta, GA

------_=_NextPart_001_01C478C2.005267F9

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Storage unit group modification</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I know that when adding a new storage unit GROUP in =
NBU 4.5 (Solaris server), either the master server demons need to be =
stopped &amp; restarted, or if the system is quiet a bpschedreq =
-read_stu_config and bpschedreq -read_stunits may do the =
trick.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My question is when wanting to MODIFY an existing =
storage unit group (ie removing an existing storage unit from the list =
and replacing it with another existing storage unit), is that something =
that can be done &quot;on the fly&quot;, or is a daemon reset necessary =
to make this update visible within the system?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta, GA</FONT>
</P>