Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Images not expiring

2004-07-28 18:12:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Images not expiring
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:12:48 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C474F0.042886A7

Yang I notice several of the same issues.  I wrote a consistency check =
script which compares the volume media and images database.  An =
image/tape should have an entry in all three but for a variety of =
reasons sometimes there is an entry in two out of the three...  Little =
more full featured than the consistency check that you can do from =
command line, but I use that to help look for problems.  Also, there is =
an option you can trigger, I forget what it is called, but basically it =
tells netbackup to clean up the images database more often than it does =
by default.  It is something linke, CLEAN_IN_BACKGROUND and I think it =
goes in the bp.conf.  I can check on that tomorrow when I am back in the =
office.
=20
Those might help some.  Also, I just posed a question but I notice I get =
a lot of full tapes that have not been suspended, and have no images on =
them, so I wonder why they were full.  I suspect, the tape was filled =
up, then the backup job went to a second tape, then there was a failure =
with the overall job and netbackup wasn't smart enough to mark the first =
tape as not full now...  Not sure though.
=20
Hope that helps a little,
Taylor

------_=_NextPart_001_01C474F0.042886A7

<HTML>=0A=
<HEAD>=0A=
<META NAME=3D"GENERATOR" Content=3D"Microsoft DHTML Editing Control">=0A=
<TITLE></TITLE>=0A=
</HEAD>=0A=
<BODY>=0A=
<DIV>Yang I notice several of the same issues.&nbsp; I =0A=
wrote a consistency check script which compares the volume media and =
images =0A=
database.&nbsp; An image/tape should have an entry in all three but for =
a =0A=
variety of reasons sometimes there is an entry in two out of the =
three...&nbsp; =0A=
Little more full featured than the consistency check that you can do =
from =0A=
command line, but I use that to help look for problems.&nbsp; Also, =
there is an =0A=
option you can trigger, I forget what it is called, but basically it =
tells =0A=
netbackup to clean up the images database more often than it does by =0A=
default.&nbsp; It is something linke, CLEAN_IN_BACKGROUND and I think it =
goes in =0A=
the bp.conf.&nbsp; I can check on that tomorrow when I am back in the =0A=
office.</DIV>=0A=
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>=0A=
<DIV>Those might help some.&nbsp; Also, I just posed a question but I =
notice I =0A=
get a lot of full tapes that have not been suspended, and have no images =
on =0A=
them, so I wonder why they were full.&nbsp; I suspect, the tape was =
filled up, =0A=
then the backup job went to a second tape, then there was a failure with =
the =0A=
overall job and netbackup wasn't smart enough to mark the first tape as =
not full =0A=
now...&nbsp; Not sure though.</DIV>=0A=
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>=0A=
<DIV>Hope that helps a little,</DIV>=0A=
<DIV>Taylor</DIV>=0A=
</BODY>=0A=
</HTML>=0A=

------_=_NextPart_001_01C474F0.042886A7--