Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Reporting & Monitoring Tool for NetBackup

2004-07-28 13:33:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Reporting & Monitoring Tool for NetBackup
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:33:46 -0500
On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:23:52AM -0700, Jaykumar.Chellapan AT wellsfargo DOT
com wrote:
> My company is looking for an enterprise backup reporting and monitoring tool
> for VERITAS NetBackup. We have several master servers located at several
> data centers. Can anyone shed some light on a web-based tool that provides
> more advanced reporting and monitoring than NetBackup Advanced Reporter or
> Command Central Service (we evaluated both of these products and they do not
> meet our requirements). The product must allow us to report on exactly what
> files/folders are being backed up by our clients

Without a doubt, Aptare's StorageConsole software is the best of breed.

http://www.aptare.com

You can easily set up a demo with Aptare where you install the pieces on
your master server(s) and send the data to their portal for reporting.
You'll then see exactly how it performs before you order your own portal
server.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org