Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running Netbackup on RedHat Linux

2004-07-28 11:18:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running Netbackup on RedHat Linux
From: apearce AT kforce DOT com (Pearce, Andrew W.)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:18:34 -0400
I run RH Enterprise 2.1 on my Master and all Media servers save for 1
HPUX media server.  Very stable.  I had run Windows media servers in the
past, and I haven't looked back since my conversion to Linux.  I'm
waiting to get a good feel for NBU 5.1 stability so I can migrate my
systems to RH Enterprise 3 and still be "supported."

All in all, very stable, very tunable, very fast, and very easy to
manage.  Just make sure your linux box is tuned out correctly and built
with a purpose.

If you're looking for the latest and greatest features linux is probably
not the best option, as they are usually made available to linux last.
As an example, full Advanced Client support with a Linux Master/Media
server configuration will not be available until NBU 6.0!

Andrew