Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP restores take hours

2004-07-22 10:34:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP restores take hours
From: dcabrera AT hasbro DOT com (Cabrera, Dario)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:34:10 -0400
Brian,

I run NDMP backups on my Celerra and have run into this problem. I had to
restore a folder that had been deleted; the folder contained 3 small files
(less than 5 megs total). I selected the folder for restore which then ran
for over three hours. During testing later on, I found that if I selected
the three files individually, the restore took about 4 to 5 minutes instead
of 3.5 hours. This works great for small restores, however, it took quite a
bit of time to select all of the files when we tried this on a folder that
had twenty folders below it with about 20 - 30 files in each. The restore in
this case was also very quick. Hopefully we'll get a better solution to this
somewhere down the road.

Dario