Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Specifying tapes for archives, multiple systems, and multiple archives

2004-07-16 16:32:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Specifying tapes for archives, multiple systems, and multiple archives
From: KFreels AT askjeeves DOT com (Kevin Freels)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:32:05 -0700
Simon,

This is a good suggestion, and I may implement it if no other solution
presents itself. However, I think the problem still remains in that I
still have to create a separate policy with the new volume pool defined;
I don't see any flags for choosing the volume pool from bparchive. And
then I still have the problem of different systems having different
files/directories to back up.

Also, until I were sure of the needed capacity (which may vary wildly),
I would not know how many tapes to initially and subsequently put into
the volume pool; too many and I run into the wasted space problem as the
system may scatter-gun the archives over as many tapes as are available,
too few and I don't have enough room for the backups (but I suppose that
problem still exists with any pool).

Thanks for the the idea, tho. I still might be able to work with it.

....k
-=-=-=-