Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: lto2 IBM , LTO1 Segate

2004-07-10 19:33:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: lto2 IBM , LTO1 Segate
From: mb AT unixusa DOT com (Mickey Baker)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:33:17 -0400
Not unless you specifically wrote it in LTO1 (Ultrium 1) format.

Ultrium2 (LTO2) tapes cannot be read on LTO1 drives unless they are written
with the backwardly compatible format, which would be only as dense as LTO1
(100/200GB).

Mickey Baker
Safe Data Services, LLC
Parkland, FL
"Is a sentence fragment" is a sentence fragment.